Sunday 28 October 2012

Merrell Women's Siren Sport

Merrell has always been a household name in hikers and the outdoors especially in the recent years, with its range of affordable and quality products. The Merrell Womens Siren Sport is definitely on of those. It is made of full grain leather on the upper and the rubber bumpers at toe and heel are built for durability and thoughness. The Merrell® Air Cushion in the heel helps absorb shock during maneuvers on rough terrains and the women-specific QForm® comfort midsole provides women specific configurations, smoothing things out just for women. The heavier lug pattern Vibram® sole delivers vital traction in high-friction areas and under the arch.

UPPER/LINING
• Strobel construction offers flexibility and comfort
• Nubuck, pig suede leather and mesh upper
• Bellows tongue keeps debris out
• Omni-Fit™ Adjustable Lacing System
• Lining treated with Aegis® antimicrobial solution
• Ortholite® Anatomical Footbed

MIDSOLE/OUTSOLE
• Molded nylon arch shank
• QForm® Comfort midsole provides women’s specific stride-sequenced cushioning
• Merrell® Air Cushion in the heel absorbs shock and adds stability
• 4 5mm Sole lug depth
• Vibram® Mermaid Sole/TC5+ Rubber
• Weight: 1 lb 5 ozs.

There are nine (9) different colors for this model, available in detail here along with the sizes. The image below is the Dark Dull Grey color, to give a good idea of the look and feel of the shoe.








Known for its quality products, the Merrell Womens Siren Sport was one of the best selling shoes in the past months, and was indeed the best selling one as of this list. The receptions has been overwhelmingly positive, with 66 out of 76 reviews on Amazon are perfect 5/5. A very well received hiker with good reasons to be bestseller for a long time, here are the reviews. Most information on shipping are strictly in the US.

5.0 out of 5 stars Merrell Siren Sport 
By D. Stockwell
This is an excellent product. We have found Merrell shoes to be very comfortable, and they offer outstanding support for the foot. My wife has several varieties of Merrell shoes, and will always look at their line first. Sizing is normal, so ordering online is not a problem. Amazon's link to ShoeMall worked well, and pricing was the best (and free shipping, too!).

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent fit and performance
By 
Ellen Morin (Madison, WI United States) 



I've had Merrells recommended to me in the past, but I clung to the brand I'd been wearing for the past 10 years because I was afraid the shoes would be too narrow for my feet. I have fairly prominent bunions, so I need something with a relatively wide toe box. I was extremely pleased with the fit of these shoes. They aren't overly wide, but they don't pinch the way so many brands do, to the point I always had to go up a half size to get the width I needed. I can actually wear my regular size with these. Another thing about the fit is that the heel doesn't slip. Too often, a shoe tends to be pretty much the same width from toe box to ankle, but these hug my ankle perfectly.

Being a cross-trainer, the soles are a little stiffer than most of the walking shoes I've had, but I've found I like the stiffer sole for me. I've got a plantar plate tear on the second toe of my right foot and with these shoes, I get much more support for the ball of the foot and much less aggravation for that toe. I feel like I get great cushioning and support from the sole over every part of the shoe's surface and it allows me to maintain much better traction when I'm walking to work. I walk fast, about a 4 mph clip, and these shoes make me feel like I'm floating on air above the ground.

The only minor con to the shoe is that for people with above average arches, you will probably want a different insole. Otherwise, this is a really great shoe.

I am totally switching my brand loyalty to Merrell.



5.0 out of 5 stars close to perfection
By 
Travelling Momma 




Purchased these shoes for active days travelling abroad in Turkey and Paris. They were light weight, sturdy, remarkably comfortable,dried quickly when wet, and clean easily. They were ideal for hiking on rock and dirt terrain, running on trails and walking through city streets for 10 miles plus museums in Paris. My feet didn't never hurt unlike the other folks on our trip. Versatile and super investment. Just bought my husband a pair.Thumbs up!


The typical price for this product as of now is $95.00, with over nine different colors available here, and with a wide range of sizes. The lowest possible price for this pair of hiker is at $78.90, on select options based on the availability of sizes and colors combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment