Thursday 20 September 2012

The Patagonia Footwear Men's Drifter A/C Hiking Shoes is one of those interesting hiking shoes out there lately, by Patagonia Footwear.

The shoe's breathable air-mesh/nubuck leather upper and polyester air-mesh lining are durable and designed for changing terrains. The bellows tongue helps keep out debris to ensure comfort for the foot. The polyester air mesh lining, made from 20% recycled materials.

At the bottom, the waterproof Bi-Fit™ insole board made from 80% post-consumer recycled materials, provides stability and support; The EVA anatomical footbed provides cushioning comfort for the foot inside. The ever present in good hiking shoes and hard shoes and boots Vibram® Trail Ecostep® outsole, containing 30%-recycled rubber, provides traction on rough terrains.

The shoe is of medium width, full toe box, and medium arch/instep. It weighs 481 g (1 lb 1 oz). The product is made in China.








The reviews for this shoes have been positive so far. Do read the customer comments below as some weakness are pointed despite some strengths. Do look out on the 1 star comment for possible issues on the item.


5.0 out of 5 stars
 Most comfortable hiker's I have ever owned!! December 9, 2011
By zoology
I purchased the grey ones, go with anything you know! HA! These took awhile to "break in", as out of the box they are stiff, uncomfortable and the laces kept coming undone! Backpacker.com has great tips on different ways to tie up your hikers and solve any problems you may have. After a few hikes in my local park, I totally love these shoes! They have a very nubby, aggressive tread, great solid construction and a good quality sole. They end up as comfy as your old go to sneakers, but look a whole lot better. The price seem just right as compared to quality. I have owned these for awhile now and take them everywhere!! They are a little wide for women but a quality pair of wool socks fixes that no problem, even in summer, just down sized the thickness. In very rough terrain just make sure you have strong ankles as there is no support for them in these shoes. They grip very well on rock and mudd, even in light snow. I wouldn't trade these for any other pair!

Pro's:
light weight
quality construction
comfortable
great tread

Con's:
Take awhile to break in
slippery laces

Bottom line- Your feet will thank you...



5.0 out of 5 stars Great boots, especially for those who need a wide toe box July 8, 2012
By davisite
I have been hiking for about 40 years (since I was a kid), and these are the best boots that I have ever owned. The most important thing for boots is that they are comfortable, and these are super comfortable, springy to walk in with no hot spots. Of particular note is that there is a lot of room in the toe area, both in terms of width and height. A lot of boots are wide elsewhere but then narrow in the toe area. I have some sort of problem with one of my toes that doctors have been unable to diagnose, but whatever the problem is, my toes need lots of room, and these boots give it to them. They also seem to be wearing well (I've had them for about six months) and have a good, grippy tread. I came here to order a second pair for myself so that I have a backup when my current pair wears out! Unfortunately, they are out of my desired size/color, so I will have to decide if I want another color or need to order elsewhere.



5 of 5
Awesome
"The most comfortable pair of shoes that I own, period. One note; the shoes are snug so you may need a half size in them to get a good fit. My size is 12.5 so I got a 13. I'm, also, flat footed. Thin socks or low profile socks work best in this shoe. I wore the shoe while on vacation at Disney World. ZERO issues and no blisters :-)
Astro!"



5 of 5
Great outdoor shoe.
"Definitely fit to size, comfortable, I wore mine to the White Water Rapid Center in NC. They worked great for hiking, biking, rock wall, ropes courses.



1 of 5
Hate the lace eyelets
"the problem is that from day one when i bought these shoes the two top eyelets guide never stay together so I am unable to tie my shoes tightly, or if i take them out (which I have not done) and if I do that then the over time the eyelets will be torn apart from the laces. Didn't take them back to the store thought it was not a big deal but now after 2 months of messing with eight tiny eyelet guides per shoe every day has gotten old and dont want to have to pay for a repair that I feel should be covered free of charge due to poor manufactory issues . So, I guess all I can do is warn anyone looking at the shoes look close at the eyelet guides"


5 of 5
Super Shoes
"The M Drifter A/C that I purchased several weeks ago are actually my second pair. After purchasing the first pair at a Hudson Trail store I loved the shoe, hence the second pair from you guys. Comfortable and stable. Best hiking and hanging around the shop outdoor shoe I have owned. I even wear them to the office occasionally. Thanks !"




The standard price of this pair is $130.00, with as low as $115.91 on Amazon. To buy online, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment