Thursday 23 August 2012

Keen Women's Voyageur Trail Shoe Black/Vetiver

The comfort and support of a hiking shoe with the breath-ability and quick-dry capabilities comparable to running shoes, the Keen Women's Voyageur Trail Shoe is a rugged cruiser that keeps your feet ventilated and dry.

The Keen Women's Voyageur Trail Shoe features patented toe protection and removable metatomical footbed.

The sole comprises of Dual Density Compression Molded EVA Midsole and the rubber outsole is non-marking. The built in Keen ESS shank gives torsional stability, so as not to divert focus from other tasks towards the shoes.

Mesh lining replaces a waterproof barrier, providing continual airflow, and the rugged outsole  with multi-directional lugs provides grip on rough terrains.

Built with Keen's bomber patented toe protection, a torsion stability shank and multidirectional lugs for great traction, built with Keen's bomber toe protection, a torsion stability ESS shank and 4mm multi-directional lugs for great traction, this is a versatile pair. The following images show the different colors for this shoe; Slate Black/Vetiver, Charcoal/Sterling Blue, and Shitake/Burnt Orange.

The following is the Keen Women's Voyageur Trail Shoe Slate Black/Vetiver










The reception for this shoe has been mostly, almost overwhelmingly, positive. The Keen brand value is further asserted here, and through these reviews, should prove this point. Here are the comments and reviews from those who had purchased and worn this shoe. But do read the 3 star review though, it has something to do with expectations. Other than that, overall a well received shoe.



5.0 out of 5 stars Most comfortable hiking shoe--ever!!! 
By She Sells Seashells
I've had these for about two years now. They've been comfortable since hiking with them on day one, but after my recent experience with them I had to write a review.

My husband and I decided we were going to hike 32 miles in the Grand Canyon. If you've ever done hiking there, you know that it can put even the best shoes to the test. Going down, your tootsies are slammed into the toe box of the shoe, and coming out requires a great deal of support. Before the trip, I'd considered getting some new hiking shoes so I'd have two pairs to switch between when my feet got tired. Well, I ran out of time to get new ones and break them in successfully before the trip, so I ended up going just with these. I'm shocked...my feet are the ONLY thing that are not sore after this trip. My husband got blisters in his Merrell's, and his feet were sore and swollen, but not me--perfectly comfy feet.

Let me be honest with you. I'm a total wuss, and I complain about every little pain. But seriously, these shoes leave NOTHING to complain about. My feet LOVE them! When they wear out (which who knows when that will happen--I've put TONS of miles on them) you can be certain I'll buy another pair.

Just in case you're wondering--they run true to size, and I have a bit of a wider foot.

Happy hiking! :)




3.0 out of 5 stars less than expected
By 
bemorezen

I have a pretty active job because I work at a retail nursery, and I tried these as my work shoes, but I'm rather disappointed with the results. I like the fit and look of them, but the rubber on the soles started peeling after 6 months, and the lining at the heel is doing the same. They were great while they lasted, but I would just expect something I payed 100$ for to not start falling apart after less than 100 days.



Here are some of the more recent purchases and reviews along with them. Mostly on the positive note.



5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome !!!September 13, 2012
By 
maryinpa121




I have been looking for a comfortable pair of shoes for work but with a little style. A co-worker told me about keen and I looked online for a pair. Of course I tried them on as soon as they came and they felt great but decided to take them for a test run on a day trip to New York. I walked all day and could not believe how great my feet felt. I will definately make Keen my new favorite brand. They were true to size and had great support for all day comfort.



5.0 out of 5 stars SOLID HIKING SHOE, yielding comfort and tough quality ...September 1, 2012
By 
SMEAD (USA) 







I buy hiking shoes vice boots as I broke my ankle years ago, and the hard support of a boot rubs the bone on my ankle. I wear roughly a 10.5 so I am always on the fence for sizes. Sometimes 10's work and sometimes I need that extra half. 11 is generally too big and that is what I thought I had when I ordered this one in the 11. Seems true to size but I ordered the 11 because hiking (10-15 miles) expands the foot and with thicker socks, I figured I'd be safer. When I first tried it - the shoe seemed HUGE. But after adding the Dr Scholl arch supports (helpful for hiking) from WalMart and some cushy hike socks, I have the perfect fit! Be aware that this is a bit of a wide boot, but not super wide. Keen's tend to run wider up at the front for the toes, which I love for hiking as it's far more realistic than fashionable. What I found is, the boot is so solid that it took me a few attempts to pull the laces as tight (up the shoe) as required, so it did seem too large the first time out. The 2nd hike was 13 miles in the Laguna Mountains and the shoe, with the strings well tightened, was just PERFECT! It's bendable and supportive at the same time. Love the bottom of the shoe - it's rugged and tough and on steep, pebbled inclines I am stable as needed. Great boot!

The price for the Keen Women's Voyageur Trail Shoe Slate Black/Vetiver is at best $82.46 compared to the normal $110.00.

The links below direct to the two different models available, with their respective prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment