Thursday 25 October 2012

Keen Men's Klamath Waterproof Hiking Boot,Bison/Orion Blue

The Keen Men's Klamath Waterproof Hiking Boot,Bison/Orion Blue   has a multi-directional lugs on the sturdy outsole bite into terrain. The KEEN.DRY waterproof membrane keeps the external elements out, keeping the feet dry. This hiking boot is highly suitable for wet conditions, be it raining or maneuvering through wet swampy terrains. A cork and EVA heel insert provides cushioning to the feet, giving better stride through varying terrains and thus a greater potential in scaling tougher terrains. This is a great hiking satisfaction. This is another colour similar to the Keen Men's Klamath Waterproof Hiking Boot, Black/Madder Brown variant. This is the second of two different colors available for this model.

The specifications for this boot are as follows:

  • Weight: 26.84 oz / 760.901 grams
  • Type: Lace Up, Boots, Cold Weather Boots
  • Weather: Wet – waterproof
  • Fit Tip: We find this style runs about a 1/2 size small
  • Lining: KEEN.DRY™ waterproof breathable membrane
  • Upper: Leather and textile
  • Rubber: Non-marking rubber outsole
  • Collar Height: 16.51cm/6.5"
  • Calf Circumference: 27.94cm/11"
  • 4mm multi-directional lugs


The following are the special features of this hiking boot.

  • Cork/EVA heel cushioning insert
  • Forefoot torsion bars for plate flexibility
  • Heel lockdown webbing strap
  • KEEN Key-Tech™ full length TPU interlocking torsion plate
  • KEEN.DRY ™ waterproof breathable membrane
  • Lightweight PU forefoot and EVA heel
  • Metatomical tri-density footbed
  • Moisture wicking lining
  • Speed lacing hooks
This is the Bison/Orion Blue variant. Here are the images:








This model is generally well received based on the following user reviews. The reviews and comments are taken from Amazon and Keen source,s leading to this particular model, since more opinions from different people are better at judging what would be a subjective experience. They agree on several points though, so feel free to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Boot September 23, 2010
By harlynme
Had the boots a week then did a 30 mile hike through Yellowstone. Didn't require break in period. Buying a second pair because so hard to find a boot I really like.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keen Klamath February 5, 2011
By Michael
Color Name:Bison/Orion Blue|Size Name:11 D(M) US
I have been wearing these boots in lots of rain and they have kept my feet completely dry so far. They have kept my feet warm down to about 35-40 degrees F with good wool socks. When the temp. dropped lower than that, my feet got cold but I'm prone to cold feet. I ordered a half size larger based on other reviews which makes for a good fit. They feel a little snug in the width with heavy wool socks but being leather, they should break in some more with use. Bottom line.....Great boots!

5.0 out of 5 stars Keen Klamath Boot January 18, 2011
By txbluebonnet
Color Name:Bison/Orion Blue|Size Name:9.5 D(M) US
I purchased these boots as a gift for my father. I went up half a size, which was good because he said that they were tight at first. He now informs me that they are the most comfortable boots he has ever owned. I'm always happy with any Keen product purchase.


5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite boots!!!September 23, 2012
By 
cherbear001 - See all my reviews

I just ordered my fourth pair of these boots, and they are by far my favorite pair of boots. They last me about 10 - 11 months before I have to get another pair. I wear them every day. When I first put on the new pair, I feel like I wrapped my feet in pillows, they are so comfortable. A couple months ago wasn't able to find them in a store and instead bought another Keen boot that looked very similar, but turned out to be not as comfortable and supportive and made my legs ache at the end of the day, similar to the feeling I get when the Klamath boot needs replacing. I shoe horses in them and they get put through the mud and muck paces, yet they hose off and look the same. I use a better insole and replace it twice to the life of the boot. I used to switch between a winter and summer boot, but my feet have never been wet or cold and they do just as good a job keeping them cool in the heat.


3.0 out of 5 stars REGULARFebruary 7, 2012
By 
ALVARO PALACHE -








THE PRODUCT IS VERY COMFORTABLE AND FEET FEELS VERY SAFE IN. BUT HAS A WEAK POINT IS THE AREA WHERE THE CORD JOINS WITH THE BOOT, THE MATERIAL IS VERY LIGHT AND THE FRICTION OF SOME POINTED OBJECT BROKEN IT EASILY. IT HAPPEN TO ME.



2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing fit.November 21, 2011
By 
S. R. Horrocks (Draper, UT USA)
   
I purchased a pair of these boots based on the reviews and the fact that my other two pair of Keens fit great and were very comfortable.
The Klamath model is a big disappointment for me. It has a different foot bed and I found it very uncomfortable. I had to give mine away and get something else. Don't buy these before you try on a pair to see if they work for you. I am an avid hiker and walker, have a high instep and arch, and this boot actually bruised my right foot. Buyer beware. I still love my other Keens.




Most are very positive thoughts on this boots, mostly praises for its comfort, waterproof qualities and capability to keep the feet warm, essential in serving its purpose as one of those boots worn in cold conditions. Perhaps cold plus wet conditions, giving this boots a very good purpose to be worn. Generally a good temperature regulator, in hotter conditions, it does keep the feet cool, according to cherbear001. Mr Horrocks may not be so keen on this boots though, as it sort of bruised him, due to discomfort experienced on its footbed. According to Alvaro Palache, this is generally a good boot but has indications of less than convincing durability.


The typical price for this product is $150.00, with the availability from as low as $80.00 here, on select options.


No comments:

Post a Comment