Tuesday 9 October 2012

Merrell Merrell Women's Siren Sport Hiking Shoe (8.5, Olive)

This is the Merrell Women's Siren Sport Hiking Shoe. Built for durability, this shoe is built of full grain leather upper and rubber bumpers at toe and heel.

The Merrell® Air Cushion provides comfort and the women-specific QForm® comfort midsole is meant to serve specifically women's feet. The heavier lug pattern Vibram® sole delivers vital traction in high-friction areas and under the arch.













The following are the summary of this hiking shoe.


Upper/Lining
  • Strobel construction offers flexibility and comfort 
  • Nubuck, pig suede leather and mesh upper 
  • Bellows tongue keeps debris out 
  • Omni-Fit™ Adjustable Lacing System 
  • Lining treated with Aegis® antimicrobial solution 
  • Ortholite® Anatomical Footbed 

Midsole/Outsole
  • Molded nylon arch shank 
  • QForm® Comfort midsole provides women’s specific stride-sequenced cushioning 
  • Merrell® Air Cushion in the heel; absorbs shock, adds stability 
  • 4 5mm Sole lug depth 
  • Vibram® Mermaid Sole/TC5+ Rubber 
  • Weight: 1 lb 5 ozs.

Based on the ratings given to this product displayed at Amazon, 62 out of 71 comments have been 5/5 stars. Now that is a highly positive statistical recommendation for this product. Very well, here are some of the reviews and comments provided that may be useful in getting better idea of the shoe. Here we go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fit March 28, 2008
By Jessica A. Mathews

This shoe just hugs my foot and makes the hikes that I take much more enjoyable. I am usually hefting my 11 month old in the baby backpack and I was super sore the next day, but now my feet feel much better. I like Merrell products a lot and will continue to be a loyal customer in the future!!!


5.0 out of 5 stars LovelyOctober 6, 2012
By 
Dianne




I bought these shoes because I have a pair of Merrell hiking boots, and found them to be very comfortable. The Siren Sport shoes are just as comfortable. They form to your foot. I highly recommend them. I used them on a recent trip to South Africa and found them to be great for hiking and street walking, and walking in the bush.



5.0 out of 5 stars close to perfectionSeptember 30, 2012
By 
Travelling Momma 





Purchased these shoes for active days travelling abroad in Turkey and Paris. They were light weight, sturdy, remarkably comfortable,dried quickly when wet, and clean easily. They were ideal for hiking on rock and dirt terrain, running on trails and walking through city streets for 10 miles plus museums in Paris. My feet didn't never hurt unlike the other folks on our trip. Versatile and super investment. Just bought my husband a pair.Thumbs up!



5.0 out of 5 stars Now I can really work out hard!September 26, 2012
By 
Jolene - 

I recently got into boot camp style training and my old (2 years old) sneakers which were fine for walking the dogs, quickly proved inadequate and I had knee, ankle, back and shooting shin pains. I had these shoes recommended to me from another athletic friend who hikes and cycles and he stated that these were "the only shoes he would buy". Well, now I can see why. Not discounting the fact that they are very pleasing to look at, the colours are very rich, the design gives good reinforcement to my toes and the arch of my feet, plus the price point is extremely competitive. My pain is all but gone and my feet are thanking me for the increased support and cushioning through the countless hill climbs, burpees and spiderman drills I do every morning.


Okay, thoroughly a good hiking shoe. There are a few unfavorable comments though, and here is a 1/5 verdict. It deals with discomfort, hurting the feet. Consider this:

1.0 out of 5 stars sores on feetMarch 9, 2012
By 
donna kensler 






I have loved Merrells for at least 10 years. I've always said once you've worn Merrells you won't wear another shoe, until I put this shoe on. They hurt my feet and after walking in them only 3 times they rubbed a sore on the top of my big toe. I did get my money back and will order another style.

Very well, that's about it on the Merrell Women's Siren Sport Hiking Shoe, the price is typically $95.90, with the possibility of purchasing it at as low as $78.95 on Amazon. For more information, the link leads to the details page for this product.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment